Shanna Jackman - Singer - Songwriter
Based in Massachusetts, Shanna is an award winning singer-songwriter. Shanna is known for her powerful vocals and is a powerhouse entertainer. Her music is centered in country, but with roots that reach deep into rock, pop and soul, and provides high-energy shows performing favorite country hits included with her originals.
Shanna is also known Nationally for her support of the Military and their families and is often seen performing the National Anthem and her song "We've Got Your Back" for various charitable events. Shanna can be seen performing at venues like Hard Rock Boston, Tsongas Arena, TD Garden, Fenway, Boston's Hatch Shell, Loretta's Last Call, Indian Ranch, and more.
Music was always a part of Shanna's life. Humming and singing along to commercials while playing in the living room, she was always putting on a show for her family! Shanna began voice lessons at the Franklin School For The Performing Arts at the age of 12, and on her 18th birthday had her first recording session performing cover songs from Mariah Carey, Jewel, Alanis Morrisette and Amy Grant. While pursuing her Bachelor's, she would perform at open mics and karaoke contests all over campus and at home.
Shanna began writing and recording with a few different bands after college before forming the country cover band Not in Kansas in 2009. After several years of success with the band, she began her solo career by releasing her self titled debut EP in 2013.
Shanna has had the opportunity to be featured with artists such as Ronnie Dunn, Blake Shelton, Sara Evans, Gretchen Wilson, Dierks Bentley, Alan Jackson, Darryl Worley, Lee Brice, Little Big Town, Collin Raye, Jo-Dee Messina, and Steve Azar. She has performed the National Anthem for the Boston Bruins, Red Sox, Celtics, Revolution and many other numerous charity, Military and sporting events. When discussing her accomplishments she says, “I have so much to be thankful for. I have really been blessed so much in my life and have had some amazing experiences. But, what still gets to me are the smaller things, like performing the National Anthem for our troops.”
Writing music about life experience, like one of her hit singles, “In My Truck,” is the only thing that makes sense. “I can’t write about what other people have gone through, because I didn’t walk in their shoes. I wouldn’t know how they truly felt. I can only write about my experiences, good or bad. It’s what I know, and hopefully, someone else can relate to it too.”
Breaking into country music in the rock-heavy New England scene is never easy, but Shanna Jackman is “a force to be reckoned with, and quite possibly, the next great country singer.” When you see her perform, you will feel that force.
Today, when Shanna is not performing on stage with her band you can find her volunteering her time often performing the National Anthem for many various Military events or working full-time as a Public Safety Dispatcher or mentoring young aspiring artists.
Check out Shanna's self-titled Nashville recorded EP, available on here her website, iTunes, and all other major online stores!
- 2009 Stars Over Boston Winner
- 2010 WCTK 98.1 Country Idol Winner
- 2011 Won New England Country Music Organization Most Promising Country Vocalist and Entertainer
- 2012 Won New England Country Music Organization Horizon Award for original "In My Truck"
- 2012 Won Best Local Country Band, Not in Kansas, by WMRC
- 2012 Nominated for Country Artist of the Year by Limelight Magazine
- 2012 Received the Charles Rosenbusch Memorial Community Service Award by the Vietnam Veterans for the Community
- 2013 Nominated for Best Local Country Act by WMRC
- 2013 Won Best Single for original song, "In My Truck"
- 2014 Nominated for Country Artist of the Year by Limelight Magazine
- 2015 Nominated for Best Local Country Act, Sexiest Musician and Best Fans by WMRC
- 2016 Recipient of the Unsung Hero Award by Limelight Magazine
- 2016 Nominated for Best Music Video Award by Limelight Magazine
- 2016 Nominated for Best Local Country Act by WMRC